In this article, we are going to share about Amazon Alexa setup on PC for beginners. Nowadays, you can find many devices that work with Alexa in the stores. You can buy smart bulbs or switches that are supported by Alexa. However, there’s a small problem with these devices. If you don’t have an Alexa smart speaker, you won’t be able to use all the features of your smart device.
How to Install Alexa App on Windows 10
Amazon has a solution for you. They have created an app for Windows 10 computers. You can set up this app on any Windows 10 PC, and you don’t even need to own an Alexa speaker for it to work.
However, there’s a little catch. In some regions, like the United States, you can install Amazon Alexa directly on your Windows 10 PC. But in other places, you’ll need to use a workaround to get Alexa on your computer. The Total Time for this setup is 20 minutes.
Here are the steps on how to set up Amazon Alexa setup on PC:
- Open Windows Settings: Click on the Notification bar at the bottom-right corner. Select “All Settings.”
- Access Time & Language: Choose “Time & Language.”
- Go to Speech, region, and date: Select “Speech, region, and date.”
- In the “Region” section, select “Country & Region. Choose “United States.”
- Locate and open the “Microsoft Store” app.
- Use the search bar in the Microsoft Store to find the “Alexa” app.
- Click on “Install” to start the installation.
- After the installation is complete, launch the Alexa app.
- Setting up Alexa App: If you already have an Amazon account, log in using your Amazon credentials.
- Talk to Alexa: Allow access to the microphone to interact with Alexa.
- Configure Alexa on PC Settings: Grant access to Alexa on the Windows taskbar, enable auto-start, and adjust app sound settings.
- Announce with Alexa: If you don’t want to play an announcement, select “Continue without Autoplay.”
- Let’s Start with “Alexa”: Check out the “Things To Try On” section to explore Alexa’s voice capabilities.
- Interact with Alexa by saying “Alexa” followed by the task you want to perform. For example, “Alexa, set an alarm.”
You can use Alexa in different languages such as English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Hindi. You have successfully installed the Alexa app on your Windows 10 PC. Now you can enjoy interacting with Alexa and explore various tasks and features she offers.
Amazon Alexa Setup on PC – FAQ
Q: What is Alexa?
A: Alexa is a virtual assistant developed by Amazon. It’s similar to Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Initially, it was introduced as part of the Amazon Echo smart speaker family. However, due to its popularity, Amazon made Alexa available as a standalone application that can be installed on Android and Windows systems.
Q: How does Amazon Alexa work?
A: To interact with Alexa, you simply say “Alexa” followed by specific keywords like weather, location names, or days. Alexa will process these keywords and provide you with relevant results. It can perform various voice-enabled tasks, such as playing your favorite music, adding items to your shopping list, managing alarms, and much more.
Q: Does Alexa Support Windows 7?
A: No, Alexa is not compatible on Windows 7 devices. However, you can use Alexa on Windows 10 as Amazon has released its app on the Microsoft Store specifically for Windows 10. Additionally, you can also download the Alexa app on a Windows 8.1 PC, as it is also supported on the Microsoft Store.
Best Alexa Devices In The Market
If you’re considering buying a dedicated Alexa device, here are some of the best Alexa smart devices available:
- Echo Dot: This device comes with four microphones to detect your voice from anywhere in the room. It supports a 3.5mm audio jack, has a dedicated mute microphone button, and Bluetooth support. You can enjoy loud and clear music on the device, and it is also useful as an external speaker by connecting it to any smartphone via Bluetooth 5.0.
- Echo Plus (2nd Gen): This Alexa device offers excellent sound quality with Dolby support. It features a 3.0″ woofer and a 0.8″ tweeter, making it perfect for filling up a room with sound. The Echo Plus has a built-in smart home hub, allowing it to connect to compatible Zigbee smart home devices. You can easily control lights and plugs using simple voice commands after setting up the smart devices. These devices offer a range of features and options, so you can choose the one that best fits your needs and preferences.