We have many topics to talk when it comes to Echo Dot smart speakers. One of the important things for smart speaker user is Echo Dot 5 factory reset. Is it important to know about resetting this smart speaker or perform factory settings? Of course, you do not want any private data there inside your Echo Dot 5 forever.
It is easy to wipe your personal information in this device. Therefore, we are here to talk about the quick guide to reset your Echo Dot 5 and then you can give or sell or trade it safely to the new owner. Factory reset is also important when your Echo Dot 5 is not working.
Performing Factory Reset by Deregistering
Deregistering your Echo Dot will delete the device from your Amazon account. After that, you can register it again using a new Amazon account by trying the following steps:
If you want to sell or trade Echo Dot 5 safely, the first step is to deregister it first from your Alexa account. To start, open the Alexa app and then click on the Settings > Device settings. Click on the specific Echo Dot 5 you want to deregister and then tap on Deregister.
If you want to deregister your Echo Dot 5 from your computer, you can open your web browser and visit amazon.com. Make sure that you have signed into your Amazon Account.
Continue by clicking on Accounts and Links, and then choose Digital content and devices, and select Manage content and devices. Go to the top of the next page, and then choose Devices. There, you will find a gallery of all your Amazon registered devices.
Click on the Echo Dot 5 to reset, scroll down, and choose Deregister, click it. Users also can erase audio recordings on Echo Dot in that page.
Reset and Factory Reset Echo Dot 5
If your device is not responding, and you have tried to restart it, it is important to reset your Echo Dot 5. If your Echo Dot 5 is not responsive, restart it first. To do so, here are the following instructions:
- Disconnect the power adapter from your Echo Dot 5 or the outlet
- Wait for about 10 seconds, after that connect it back in.
- Press and then hold the Action button, do this for 20 seconds.
- Wait so the light ring turn off and on.
- Your device is now in setup mode. If you need setup instructions, go to Setting up your Echo Dot 5.
If you need a complete guide about Echo Dot 5 factory reset, use the following steps:
- Press and then hold the volume down and the Microphone off buttons.
- Wait for about 20 seconds.
- Wait so the light ring of your Echo Dot 5 is off and on again.
- Your device is now in setup mode. If you need setup instructions, go to Setting Up your Echo Dot 5.
Please note that when you want to reset your Echo Dot 5th generation, it will delete your personal information, your smart home and device connections. Use deregister if you cannot use reset or factory reset to solve your issues. Deregistering also erases all your device settings.