Are you looking for the complete guide related to Google mini setup WiFi? Nest Mini is one of the popular Google Smart Speaker. It becomes the second generation of the Google Home Mini. So, it becomes the upgraded version with a new name, improved processor and more powerful speaker. It also came out with the new color, called Sky.
Even though it retained the look of the predecessor with the same cost, but it has faster performance. The quality of the audio is better with the presence of the new machine chip. Google supported it with TeraOPS for its more faster responses.
The story is not end there, Google also designed it with a hook for its rear to support wall mounting. Now, you can enjoy everything about smart home control using Google Nest Mini – as long as you have connected it to Wi-Fi. If it is your first-time experience, then you can follow the tutorial here about how to do the initial google mini WiFi setup.
How Do I Connect a Google Home Mini To WiFi
During the initial setup, you will follow the instructions to connect your smart speaker to a Wi-Fi network. But, it is possible to head to the Settings menu of each device and then reconnect it, and for all reasons, the device has forgotten the network.
In this guide, we will show you to do those things below. However, make sure that you have installed Google Home app on your tablet, or phone. To do so, you must go to the App Store or the Google Play Store.
How Do I Connect Google Home to New WiFi Before and After the Initial Setup?
Here are the following steps on how to connect to WiFi during the first setup:
- Launch the Google Home app
- Hit the + sign on the top left and choose “Set up device”
- Choose menus and then choose the location of the device along with its name.
- When the list of the Wi-Fi network is available, select the network and then enter the password, and choose “Connect”
- Wait for a few moments and the application will send a notification that your device has been connected.
Here are the following steps on how to connect google home mini to new WiFi after the initial setup:
- Launch the Google Home app
- Choose the device you would like to connect to Wi-Fi from the available list of rooms (Alternatively, from the “Local devices” section in the “Account”), and then choose the Settings configuration, placed in the top right.
- Choose the Wi-Fi tab and select the network you want from the list and enter the password, and then tap “Connect”.
How To Change Google Home Mini WiFi
Maybe you have changed your Google mini setup WiFi. Or, maybe you just moved to another place. Whatever the condition, changing the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home and smart speaker devices is easy. Please note that you have connected your device (tablet or phone) to the same network as your speaker. After that, you can follow the instructions related to “how do I reconnect my google mini to wifi”:
- Head to your Google Home app
- Choose the device you are changing the network of, after that hit the settings icon located in the top right of your display.
- Tap on the “Wi-Fi” option (go to Device Information) and then choose “Forget Network”.
- You will be directed to the main screen of the Home apps and then follow the instructions above so you can connect your Home Mini to a new network.
How To Fix
The instructions above should be easy to follow so your Google Home Mini connect to your WiFi. But, some users may find a few issues related to Wi-Fi to do so. If your device cannot connect to Wi-Fi, here are some useful steps on how to fix Google Home Mini WiFi:
- Restart your router, wait for about 30 seconds
- Restore the factory settings of your Google Home Mini
- Update the current firmware
- Make sure that your smart speaker is within range of your phone
- Check your phone so it has the same network you are trying to connect your Google Home Mini to.
That is all you should know about Google Mini setup WiFi guide for the first-time users. If you still have some issues to do so, you can leave your comments and let we fix the issues together.