Are you looking for the tutorial on how to set up Amazon music on Echo Dot? Echo Dot is an affordable Amazon smart speaker with high functionality. It is what you need if you want to integrate Echo Dot to your smart home system. Also, Echo Dot supports you with every Alexa product. Therefore, it is what you need if you want to have improved security system, lighting control, and thermostat.
This device has a compact design, yet with versatile look. One of the most useful features of Echo Dot is its music control system. It can complete any rooms in your house. Simply, you can say “Hey Alexa, Play Taylor Swift, Back to December!”
There are some great ways to enjoy streaming music on Echo Dot, as below:
- Use Alexa app to link a music service to your Echo Dot, for free.
- Play Music through your Echo Dot from a linked device
- Use your Echo Dot to play music from your personal library.
How to Set Up Amazon Music on Echo Dot
When you buy a new Echo Dot, you can easily sign up for Amazon Music Unlimited with the total more than 60 million of songs, and you need to pay for that about $9.99 monthly after 3-month of free trial. You can use this offer to get limited listening experience.
However, if you want to use the Amazon Unlimited Free Trial, you do not have to pay until the free trial expires. You can cancel this service before the trial period is over.
How to Link a Music Service
When you want to set up Amazon Music on Echo Dot, this device starts with Amazon Music and it is the default music player. For users with Prime membership, they can leave this offer.
On the other hand, if you do not have Prime membership, you can use other streaming service. So, you can link your Echo Dot to any music provider you want. Here are some free services available with built-in Alexa integration:
- Apple Music
To link a music service to your Echo Dot, here are the following steps to follow:
- Go to the Alexa app from your computer or phone
- Choose Settings, choose Alexa Preferences. In this section, choose Music & Podcasts.
- From the Services section, select Link New Service. Here, there are some lists of music services available. Choose the music provider you want.
- To add logins, you can follow the wizard or set it as default.
The presence of Link New Service allows you to enjoy streaming more popular music services, without including all of them. However, setting up your Echo Dot by using a third-party service is very easy once you follow the instructions above.
How to Use a Linked Device to Play Free Music
The next method about how to set up Amazon Music on Echo Dot is by using a linked device. It means that you need your smartphone to pair it to your Echo Dot through Bluetooth. Your Echo Dot will work as a speaker to stream the music from your phone.
It is easy to pair your Echo Dot to your smartphone to enjoy music. However, you must have the Alexa app on your smartphone, as the instructions below:
- Turn on the bluetooth connection on your smartphone.
- Go to Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Use your phone and say “Alexa, pair”. Say aloud and clearly so Alexa on your Echo Dot can hear it as well.
- Choose Echo Dot on the bluetooth display of your smartphone.
- Say “Alexa, connect” so you can link your phone to your Echo Dot.
Here are more interesting topics to read about Echo Dot:
- Integrating Home Assistant with Echo Dot: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Play Apple Music on Echo Dot: A Comprehensive Guide
- How To Fix Amazon Echo Dot Not Turn On When Plugged
- The Ultimate Guide to Alexa Echo Dot 1
- Resetting Echo Dot: A Comprehensive Guide
That is the complete information about how to set up Amazon Music on Echo Dot. It depends on the smart device you have, you can link it to other speakers, play music from it, set the thermostat, and many more!