As the fourth-gen of Echo Dot speaker, this device does not have very impressive sound quality. Yet you will love its reasonable price, that is about $50. The price is still good for those who are looking for Amazon smart speaker with Alexa voice assistant. The question is now, how to set up Echo Dot 4th generation?
In this guide, you can find more detailed, short steps about how to set up this device. Even though it is a smart speaker and it has voice assistant to help you control almost anything for a smart home system, you cannot avoid the initial setup. Once done, you can use it to control volume, add subwoofer, pair devices through bluetooth, and many more.
How Do You Set Up Echo Dot 4th Generation?
When you want to about setting up this smart speaker, make sure that you have downloaded or updated the Alexa app in your smartphone’s app store. Here is the step by step on how to set up Echo Dot 4th generation from the Alexa app:
- Turn on your Echo Dot 4 device.
- From your smartphone, launch the Alexa app
- Choose More, and choose Add a Device.
- Now, you can choose Amazon Echo Dot.
- Follow the commands on the screen to set it up.
Another way on how to setup alexa echo dot 4th generation is by taking it out of the packaged box. After that, plug it into an outlet. Continue the setup process by following the instructions in the Alexa app on your smartphone. Once you have connected it to the Wi-Fi connectivity, you will have an access to the Alexa.
When you activate and set up echo dot 4th generation, you can try to connect it to smart home appliances by following the steps here:
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app
- Select the Devices tab, located on the bottom row
- Click on the + icon, located on the top right and then choose “Add Device”
- Choose the kind of the device that you want to connect to
- Follow the steps.
Set Up Does Not Work
If you have tried the steps how to set up Echo Dot 4th generation, but your Echo Dot 4 won’t work, it is okay. There are some common issues that can make you get problems with the device setup. Here are the following things to fix the problem:
- Make sure that you have a strong internet connection
- If you have set it up via the Alexa app, you can check the newest version of the app first. If the updates available, update it.
- Restart your Echo Dot 4: Unplug it first from power and then wait for about 30 seconds, and re-plug it in.
- If none of these steps work, and you have issues registering this device, you can reset your Echo Dot 4.
More Interesting Topics about Echo Dot 4th Gen
- Echo Dot 4 Bluetooth: Everything You Need to Know
- Echo 4 vs Echo Dot 4: Which One is Right for You?
- Echo Dot 4 vs 3 Review: What’s the Difference?
That is all about the tutorial of amazon echo dot 4th gen setup. Most people buy Echo Dot 4th gen because it offers more bass response, especially if you compare it to Google Nest Audio.